- Thank you for your interest. Currently openings listed below.
1) Bookkeeper Position Available
The Southwest Women’ Law Center is seeking a full-time bookkeeper/office manager. The Job Duties are detailed below.
Basic Function: The bookkeeper position creates and analyzes financial transactions and reports, posts information to accounting journals or accounting software from source documents such as customer invoices, cash receipts, and payment due notices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Monitor debt levels
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Issue financial statements
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements in a timely manner
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget for the Law Center
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Must be proficient in using QuickBooks Online
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
Desired Qualifications: The ideal bookkeeper candidate must be proficient in using QuickBooks cloud-based software, and must should have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to multitalented, organized candidates with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks cloud-based software package.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled.