Why do we need a women’s law center in New Mexico?
- One in three New Mexican women will experience domestic abuse in their lifetimes
- One in four New Mexican women will experience sexual assault
- New Mexico has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the U.S.
- New Mexico has the 2nd highest rate of uninsured women in the country
- New Mexico has the 7th highest rate of women living in poverty in the U.S., and the poverty rate for women in New Mexico is nearly 30% higher than the poverty rate for men
Because we believe we can change these facts.
Our vision is to harness the power of law, research, and creative collaborations to change these realities and to create greater opportunities for women and girls in New Mexico to fulfill their personal and economic potential.